Saturday, January 30, 2016

My Prezi Is Better Than Your PowerPoint!

Prezi - and other 'infinite' non-linear digital presentation tools (e.g. SpicyNodes) -  are alternatives to linear (aka boring) digital presentation tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides. Chou et al. (2015) went out to test the effects of different digital presentation tools on student learning and here is the key sentence (page 81):

However, compared to PowerPoint instruction, innovative features such as nonlinear presentation emphasized in Prezi showed no significant learning advantages.

My personal experience with Prezi is very limited - but those I have seen at workshops and conferences followed a more-or-less simple linear sequence and so I fail to see the advantage of one vs. the other.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/prezi-vs-powerpoint-establishing-objectives-tony-lazzari


1 comment:

  1. The advantage for me is the unlimited canvas space. As an artist and designer, I found Prezi more versatile...allowing me to create timed compositions. Powerpoint guides you from slide to slide, but you're contained in that box until you press the space bar.

    I'm including an example of how I create custom graphics for my presentations. Powerpoint would never give me this type of visual freedom: http://prezi.com/ucf7kiakp2fx/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

    ReplyDelete