Saturday, March 19, 2016

Smartphone DIY Scanner and Microscope and DIY Smartphone

Need to digitize your class notes? Sure, you can just snap a picture by-hand with your smartphone, but that always creates problems with shadows, roll, and yaw. Solution: Build A Smartphone Scanner To Digitize Your Notes



How about a microscope? Foldscope is a great initiative, but their initial 10K Microscope beta-trial is now closed. They are working on a commercial version, but in the meantime your only option is the follow the instructions in Foldscope: Origami-Based Paper Microscope (Cybulski et al., 2014, PLOS One). Or, try this $10 Smartphone to digital microscope conversion!


Of course, why not go the other way and Build Your Own Smartphone - the TyPhone:


2 comments:

  1. Smartphones have changed the way we live our lives, and that includes travelling. Here’s why my phone is my travel companion. I’m also including with a few tips and tricks that might be useful on your next trip.

    Virtual reality exhibit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform. เครื่องสแกนเอกสาร

    ReplyDelete